Monday 26 November 2012

Research of Preliminary Magazine Cover

To help get a better understanding of how to use photoshop I will be creating a preliminary front cover before I make my final magazine for my coursework. On this post I will be looking at two different magazine covers to get ideas about what a typical music magazine looks like and what I would possibly like to include in my own magazine.

I really like this magazine cover as I feel like it is much more interesting than standard magazine covers that have the singers looking flawless facing the camera. The smashed Q logo and the face of the singer make the magazine cover feel dark and gritty, just like the music played by muse. The bright and bold text makes a good contrast with the darker than average background. I would like to take inspiration from this magazine cover and maybe have the singer and band members do something out of the ordinary and not look directly at the camera. I think it would be good to have an image that sums up the band as a whole, giving the audience an immediate feel for the band and the genre of music they play.







In the same magazine but a different issue the front cover looks completely different. The band members of Take That are positioned in a 'pile on' sort of fashion with them all looking happy. This reflects the type of music that the band makes which is fun and aimed at all ages. Unlike the previous magazine cover all 5 members of Take That are all looking at the camera, and out towards the audience reflecting that they are a band that appeals to the general public. The way the image of the members is overlapping the Q logo and the Take That font suggest that not only is the magazine well know but so is the band, as The Green Day text is not overlapped showing they are not as well known. I might take inspiriation from this magazine and have the main image overlap the logo to make the magazine look more well known and widely distributed.

No comments:

Post a Comment