Monday 26 November 2012

Preliminary task - Rational for Photos

For my preliminary task I took some quick photos of my friend Tom. As I had a very limited time to take these photos, I did not have the chance to get many photos. Below I will describe which photo I have used and why I have not used the others.

Photo 1:

After taking this photo I decided that it would be unsuitable to use on the front cover of a magazine. The pose and the facial expression was not what I was aiming for when I pictured what I wanted my preliminary magazine to look like. After taking this image I made Tom try to act more seriously and get him to pose like I needed him to.

All of these photos have a cream background as due to limited time and resources these images were taken in front of a plain wall within my college campus. 








Photo 2:

I decided that this image was also unsuitable for the front cover of my preliminary magazine as it was not what I was aiming for. a magazine is meant to be appealing to the reader and as Tom looks bored and uninterested this would be not make a reader want to buy a magazine and for this reason I did not want to use this image.












Photo 3:

After asking Tom to pose 'more seriously' and look 'moody, almost sad' this is the resulting image. For obvious reasons I decided that this image wouldn't be suitable for the front cover of my preliminary magazine. I did however decide that I liked the pose that Tom was stood in. 













Photo 4:

This is the photo that I decided to use for my preliminary magazine cover. I felt that out of all the other photos taken this one was the most suitable, but also it could be worked with as Tom looks to be conveying a ambiguous emotion of sorts and this could entice a reader as to find out just what he is thinking or feeling. 

I used this image as I felt that Tom came across as mysterious and this was what I had been aiming for when I started taking photos, and I accomplished what I set out to do in a short period of time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment