Monday 7 January 2013

Final Magazine -Photos and Rational

These are the photos that were taken at the photo shoot. My friend Holly is the model, who is portraying herself as the artist 'Violet Sky'

I decided not to use this photo as Holly appears to be squinting and her shoulders appear rather square. This was not the look I was aiming for to be on my front cover.
















Although I really like this image, I decided not to use it in the end as it would contrast with the quote I am planning to use on the front cover.
















Again, although I like this image I decided not to use it in my magazine. As it is landscape it would be hard to incorporate into the magazine and goes against the flat plans that I designed.











I decided not to use this image in my magazine as Holly is bunched over as well as squinting, this image would make the magazine look unprofessional as an image like this would not be used on a real magazine.















I decided not to use this image in my magazine as Holly is mostly over to the left of the frame and I need her to central so I can write the text around her on each page she could be featured on.
Her shoulders also appear more hunched than usual, making her seem less professional than relaxed.













I decided against this photo as it would contrast with the quote that would go with it on the front page.

















I was going to use this photo as the image on the front cover as I liked the overall look of the picture, but I noticed there was some writing on the left hand and decided to use a different image instead.















I decided to use this image for my front cover as Holly is centered making it easy to fit the text around her, she fills up the page enough that her head covered the mast head like I wanted it to and she has a positive direct mode of address to the audience that is warm and inviting.









I decided not to use this photo as Holly is squinting at the camera. Her arms also look carelessly placed and awkward and I thought this image does not fit in with what I was aiming for the magazine to look like.











I decided not to use this image as Holly is slouched and her facial expression does not convey true emotion, and as the reader you can tell that the smile is fake. Therefore I used a different image that conveyed true happiness and laughter instead of this image. 









I decided to use this photo as my main image for the contents page of my magazine as her body is facing outwardly towards the left meaning she nicely fits onto the right hand side of the page yet still looks engaging. Her direct mode of address is again portraying true emotion of positive energy that would make the reader interested in her.









I decided not to use this image as even though you can tell that Holly is laughing, you cannot see her eyes and therefore she is giving no mode of address to the audience.
















I decided to use this photo as the main image for the double page spread as it looks like a poster you would find in a regular pop magazine. The image portrays the artist well and I decided this image could be cut out by the audience and used as a poster.









No comments:

Post a Comment